This quick and easy three cheese sausage casserole recipe consists of 10 ingredients, including Italian sausage and Mozzarella cheese.
Three Cheese Sausage Casserole
- 1 lb Italian sausage with casings removed
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 8 oz package egg noodles cooked al dente and drained
- 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1 c cottage cheese
- 1 c Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c onion chopped
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/8 t black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the Italian sausage in a large skillet; drain.
- Add tomato sauce, onion, garlic and black pepper to skillet and mix.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the sour cream, cottage cheese, and cream cheese to the skillet and mix.
- Mix in the egg noodles.
- Pour contents of skillet into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.