Welcome, hope you’re hungry. To get started, just click on one of the recipe tags in the menu for some easy recipes. Check out our surplus of easy crock pot recipes for families on the go. No sign-up involved, enjoy the free easy recipes.
Great Super Bowl Appetizers
Check out these quick and easy Super Bowl appetizer recipes, including a delicious ham and cheese puff appetizer.
Author: Henri Lind
Super Bowl is round the corner, and you as usual are on a diet to fit into those jeans you got! You are thinking of getting some good snacks which everyone will relish and at the same time, you too want to be a part of it so that you don’t get singled out. This recipe will set the tongues of the guest wagging and wanting more of it, because so delicious is this Ham and Cheese Puff Appetizer, the perfect appetizer for super bowl. It is full of delicious taste but what will actually take the cake will be its presentation and the decoration.
These puffy little ham and cheese biscuits make a great snack or appetizer.
1 package reduced-fat refrigerator buttermilk biscuits or rolls – (7 1/2 oz)
3 Tbs seasoned tomato sauce
2 Tbs chopped reduced-fat ham or Canadian bacon
2 Tbs reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray a small baking sheet with nonstick spray coating. Set aside. Open the biscuit carton, and separate the biscuits. Place them on the baking sheet. With a small spoon, spread the tomato sauce on the biscuits,dividing the mixture evenly. Top with the ham and cheese, dividing evenly. Bake in the center of the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Serve hot. Leftovers will keep 1 to 2 days in the refrigerator, tightly wrapped. Serves 10
Nutrition (per serving): 59.0 calories; 16% calories from fat; 1.0g total fat; 2.0mg cholesterol; 231.0mg sodium; 10.0g carbohydrates; 0.0g fiber; 2.0g protein.
One more appetizer out of a large treasure we have is ‘Mushroom and Sun dried tomato spread’. Try it out.
Mushroom & Sun Dried Tomato Spread
½ lb. fresh mushrooms
½ lb. portabella mushrooms
½ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
¼ cup green onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves
2 loaves French bread, cut into diagonal slices
1 tbsp. olive oil
1. In food processor or blender puree all ingredients.
2. Toast bread in oven until lightly browned. Place bread on serving dish or bowl.
3. Place mushroom mixture into bowl. Spread mixture into bread and serve or have each person do their own.
If you are in need of another, in case people don’t like mushrooms or are allergic to them, this is what we have for your super bowl!
Salsa with Shrimp
64 jumbo shrimps
4 16 oz. jars of salsa
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1. In large sauce pan heat the salsa until very hot. Stir it constantly.
2. Add in all the shrimp at once and cook thoroughly for 5 minutes.
3. Place in large serving bowl.
4. You can serve this with white rice. It is a very fast to make and delicious to taste dish for the salsa lover!
To make sure that your guests enjoy more, keep your party lively with some music in between and set the decoration of your home to match up with the kind of food you will prepare and serve them.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/recipes-articles/great-super-bowl-appetizers-5065186.html
About the Author
For more info about Super Bowl Appetizers, visit Super Bowl Appetizers website.
Honey Chipotle Pork Tacos with Caramelized Onions
By Katie PepperMorgan
I really like tacos. I think my love for them has stemmed from my relatively recent discovery that they don’t need to be comprised of dry ground beef and limp iceberg lettuce; that good tacos use better, fresher ingredients and have a lot more flavor.
I was never one to hop on the “sweet & savory” train that seems to be so popular now, but it really works here because the sweetness from the honey is so subtle compared to the strong, spicy, smoky flavor of adobo chipotles, and provides a much-needed contrast. Caramelized onions provided another source of subtle sweetness to balance all of the spice in the pork, as well as the chipotle slaw (which I also used in my recipe for fish tacos), and the spicy bourbon beans are great as a side dish or right inside the tacos themselves.
Tacos are a fun dish to make because there are so many possible toppings and combinations; just mix and match until you find what you like the best.
Honey Chipotle Pork Tacos with Caramelized Onions
Ingredients – Serves 4-6:
1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin
2 chipotles in adobo, coarsely chopped, plus 1/2 teaspoons of adobo sauce (adjust to your tastes)
2 tbsp honey
Juice and zest of 1 lime
2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1 tsp salt
2 medium yellow onions, sliced
1 tbsp butter
1tbsp olive oil + 1 tbsp
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed.
1 jalapeno, seeded & minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp cumin
3 tbsp bourbon
Chipotle Slaw (recipe can be found here)
8-12 6-inch corn tortillas, heated in microwave or on the stove until pliable.
Cilantro, for garnish
1. Combine pork with chipotles, adobo, honey, lime juice & zest, garlic, and salt in a large zip top bag. Marinate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
2. In a large skillet, melt 1 tbsp butter with 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add in onions. Sweat for 5 minutes until they start to soften, but not brown, about 5 minutes. Lower heat and cook until they become a dark brown, stirring occasionally. This could take about 20-30 minutes. If the pan gets too dry, add in a touch of water.
3. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil in another large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the pork, and sear about 3-5 minutes per side. Transfer to a sheet pan and continue cooking in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches about 140-145 degrees. Let rest for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the bourbon black beans. In the same skillet the pork was cooked in, saute the garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Add in the black beans and cumin and saute for 2 minutes more. Take the skillet off of the heat and add in the bourbon (this is very important-if you leave it on the heat, it may flare up). Deglaze the pan by scraping up all of the brown bits from cooking the pork. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
5. After pork has rested, slice thinly.
6. To serve, top taco with pork, beans, caramelized onion, chipotle slaw, and cilantro.
By: Jessica Verderame
Read more recipes at www.allmediany.com.
About the Author:
Articles Source: Honey Chipotle Pork Tacos with Caramelized Onions