This quick and easy spicy sausage rice recipe can be served as a side dish or doubled and served as the main course.
What you need:
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1/2 lb bulk spicy Italian sausage, browned and drained
- 1/4 c onion, diced
- 1/2 c green pepper, diced
- 3 T butter
- salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
- Cook rice per package instructions; set aside.
- Heat butter in a medium skillet.
- Add green pepper and onion and saute until tender.
- Add rice, sausage, salt, and pepper to skillet and mix.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Serve as a side dish or double recipe and serve as the main course.