Try this easy to make, slow cooked beef barbecue recipe. It consists of eleven ingredients, including beef roast, liquid smoke, and spicy brown mustard.
What you need:
- 3-4 lb beef roast
- 3 T spicy brown mustard
- 1 3/4 c ketchup
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/3 c red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 t liquid smoke
- 1 medium onion, diced
What you do:
- Place all ingredients, except roast, in a large bowl; mix.
- Put roast in a 3 1/2 quart or larger crock pot.
- Pour barbecue mixture over roast.
- Cook, covered, for 8 -10 hours on low, or until meat is falling apart when touched with fork.
- Take out roast and shred with fork on plate.
- Return to slow cooker and mix thoroughly with sauce.
- Serve on bun or roll of choice.