This quick and easy sausage, macaroni, and cheese casserole recipe consists of 7 ingredients, including sharp cheddar cheese and butter.
Sausage, Macaroni, and Cheese Casserole
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1.5 c uncooked elbow macaroni
- 8 oz smoked sausage or kielbasa chopped
- 1 c milk
- 3 T butter
- 1 T flour
- 1/8 t black pepper
- Cook macaroni per package instructions; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Add flour to butter and mix.
- Add milk and stir over low heat until mixture starts to thicken.
- Add cheese to saucepan and cook on low heat until melted.
- Add sausage, pepper, and cooked macaroni to saucepan and mix well.
- Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour contents of saucepan into casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown on top and heated through.