Try this easy to make sausage and beef chili. This crock pot recipe consists of 12 ingredients, including ground beef, spicy Italian sausage, and red beans.
What you need:
- 3/4 lb bulk spicy Italian sausage
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 16 oz dried red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (28 oz) and 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 4 T chili powder
- 2 T ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 t salt
What you do:
- Brown beef and sausage in a large skillet, drain.
- In a 6 quart crock pot / slow cooker, add all ingredients and mix.
- Cook, covered, for 8-10 hours on low, or until beans are tender but not mushy.