Although not a traditional shepherd’s pie, this quick and easy shepherd’s pie recipe is a huge hit with kids. This easy recipe consists of 9 ingredients.
Quick and Easy Shepherd's Pie
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 1/2 c creamy mashed potatoes
- 3/4 c cheddar cheese shredded
- 14 1/2 oz can mixed vegetables drained
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 celery stalk sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 3/4 oz can golden mushroom soup optional
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet with onion, celery and garlic; drain.
- Place ground beef in a large casserole dish and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover ground beef with mixed vegetables.
- Top vegetables with mashed potatoes.
- Add shredded cheese on top of potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree preheated oven for 30 - 40 minutes, or until cheese is melted and pie is heated through.
- For a more moist shepherd's pie, add a 103/4 oz can of golden mushroom soup to ground beef mixture before adding to casserole dish.