The mushroom cheese melt contains no meat, and it’s easy to make. Vegetarians aren’t the only ones who will find this recipe delicious.
What you need:
- 8 slices of bread
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 oz can mushrooms, sliced and drained
- 1 T onion, minced
- dash of pepper
What you do:
- Add 1 T butter, mushrooms, onion and pepper to large skillet; saute until onion is tender.
- On 4 slices of bread, add one piece of cheese.
- Next, add onion and mushroom mixture.
- Top with second piece of cheese.
- Top off sandwiches with remaining slices of bread.
- Soften butter.
- Spread butter on the outside top and bottom of bread.
- Cook in skillet until browned on both sides and cheese is melted.