Unlike most cheese burgers, this hidden-cheese burger recipe is made with the cheese on the inside. It’s great fried or on the grill.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
- 8 slices of American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns lightly toasted and buttered
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Season ground chuck with salt and pepper and mix.
- Shape into 8 thin patties.
- Break up 2 slices of cheese into pieces, and place in a heap on top of 1 patty.
- Place another patty on top and press edges of both patties together to seal in the cheese.
- Repeat procedure with remaining patties.
- Grill or fry over med heat until nicely browned on each side, about 10 -12 minutes.
- Serve on toasted buns with onion.