Try this quick and easy to make split pea soup recipe. This crock pot / slow cooker recipe consists of 10 ingredients, including carrots and smoked sausage.
What you need:
- 6 c water
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 oz smoked sausage
- 16 oz bag dried split peas, rinsed
- 5 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 t marjoram
- 1/8 t black pepper
What you do:
- Slice sausage in half lengthwise, then into 1/4 -1/2 inch pieces.
- Place sausage in a skillet and cook until browned.
- Boil water, add bouillon, and heat until dissolved.
- Add all ingredients, including sausage and broth, to a 4 quart crock-pot and stir.
- Cook, covered, for 7-8 hours.
- May add additional water if needed.