Try this easy rice side dish recipe next time you need a side for dinner. This rice recipe consists of 9 ingredients, including green pepper.
What you need:
- 1 c uncooked white rice
- 2 c water
- 1/2 c celery, sliced
- 1/2 c green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 c onion, sliced
- 1/2 c tomato sauce
- 2-3 T vegetable oil
- 1 t salt
- 1/8 t black pepper
What you do:
- Heat oil in a medium skillet or saucepan.
- Add rice and saute until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Heat mixture to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed to desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and let set, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve.
- May add a dash of cayenne pepper for some heat.