This easy Italian sausage and cabbage casserole recipe consists of 9 ingredients, including tomato soup, butter, and onion.
Easy Italian Sausage and Cabbage Casserole
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage browned and drained
- 1 medium head of cabbage shredded
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 10.75 oz can tomato soup
- 1/3 c water
- 2 T ketchup
- 1 T butter
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat butter in a small skillet.
- Add onion and cook until just browned.
- Place Italian sausage and onion in the bottom of a large casserole dish or baking pan.
- Top sausage and onion with shredded cabbage.
- In a small bowl, mix together tomato soup, water, ketchup, salt, and pepper.
- Evenly spread mixture over casserole.
- Place casserole in oven and bake for 1 hour.