This easy chili recipe, made with lean ground beef, makes for a great winter time meal. Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese and crackers.
What you need:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 1/2 T chili powder
- 2 t ground cumin
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t cayenne pepper
What you do:
- Brown beef, green pepper and onion in a large saucepan over med-high heat, drain.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper; blend well.
- Add beans and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low, covered, for 15-20 minutes stirring frequently.