Try this easy breezy fajitas recipe. This easy barbecue recipe consists of 11 ingredients, including garlic, red pepper flakes, and lime juice.
Easy Breezy Fajitas
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak or skirt steak
- 1/4 c lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/8 t black pepper
- 1 t cumin
- 1 1/2 t chili powder
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 green peppers sliced
- flour tortillas
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Add steak, shake to coat, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Shake bag every so often to freshly coat steak.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 T of olive oil.
- Add green pepper and onion, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until tender but still crisp; set aside.
- Remove steak from bag and cook over medium coals for 10 -12 minutes or until desired doneness, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Put steak on cutting board and cut thin slices diagonally across the grain.
- Add meat to heated flour tortillas with onion/green pepper mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, guacamole or condiments of choice.