Try this easy bacon and potato chili recipe. This easy chili recipe consists of ingredients you probably already have in your home.
What you need:
- 8 oz lean ground beef
- 8 oz bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces and cooked crisp
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 T chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 28 oz can tomatoes, undrained
- 16 oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1 c water
What you do:
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add green pepper, onion and garlic and saute until tender.
- Add beef and cook until browned.
- Add chili powder, salt, and pepper and stir until well mixed.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.