Try this crock pot minestrone soup with ham recipe, which is perfect on a cold winter day. Cook for 8 hours on low. Add cooked macaroni and serve.
What you need:
- 11/2 c smoked ham, diced
- 15 oz can red beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 c water
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small potato, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 c dry elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 T dried parsley
- 1 T dried basil
- 3 t vegetable bouillon
- 1/2 t dried oregano
What you do:
- Place all ingredients, except macaroni, in a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot and mix.
- Cook, covered, for 8 hours on low.
- Remove cover and stir in cooked macaroni; serve.