This easy crock pot Italian beef stew recipe is a nice alternative to your normal brown gravy stew. Cook in a crock pot for 8 hours on low.
What you need:
- 2 1/2 lbs round steak, trimmed of fat and cut into 1″ cubes
- 4 oz prosciutto, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 oz) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (6 oz) cans tomato paste
- 15 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 c red wine
- 2 T dried basil
- 1 t oregano
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
What you do:
- Place all ingredients except for the beans in a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot and mix.
- Cook, covered, for 8 hours on low.
- Remove cover and mix in beans; serve.