This easy crock pot chicken and mushroom stew recipe consists of 11 ingredients, including fresh mushrooms, boneless skinless chicken breasts, and celery.
Crock Pot Chicken and Mushroom Stew
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 (10 3/4 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 6 medium potatoes peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 ribs of celery sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1/2 c sherry or other dry wine
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 T oil
- 1/4 t black pepper
- Brown chicken in hot oil in a large skillet; drain.
- Add chicken and remaining ingredients to a 4 quart or larger crock-pot and mix.
- Cook, covered, for 7-9 hours on low.