This quick and easy chicken and sausage casserole recipe is made in a crock pot, and contains boneless skinless chicken thighs and smoked sausage.
Chicken and Sausage Casserole
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 lb smoked sausage cut in half lengthwise, then sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large green pepper chopped
- 14.5 oz can tomatoes chopped
- 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 t garlic salt
- 1/2 t red pepper flakes
- 3 c cooked rice
- 2 T oil
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken and cook on high for about 3-4 minutes.
- Place chicken and remaining ingredients except rice into a 3.5 quart crock pot or larger and mix.
- Cook for 5-6 hours on low.
- Add rice, stir and cook for 20-30 minutes on low; serve.