This quick and easy cheese and sausage casserole recipe consists of 8 ingredients, including Mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, and garlic.
Cheese and Sausage Casserole
- 2 lbs Italian sausage with casings removed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 8 oz dry macaroni noodles cooked and drained
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese softened
- 1 c Mozzarella cheese shredded
- In a large skillet, add Italian sausage and garlic and cook until meat is browned; drain.
- Add tomato sauce and onion and mix well.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large baking pan or casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Layer noodles on the bottom of pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream.
- Cover noodles with cheese mixture.
- Pour meat mixture on top of cheese and noodles.
- Sprinkle shredded Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes.