There is a good chance you can make this quick and easy cheddar cheese soup recipe with ingredients you already have in your home.
What you need:
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 c whole milk
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/3 c celery, diced
- 1/3 c carrots, diced
- 1/2 c onion, diced
- 3 T butter
- 1/8 t salt
- 1/8 t pepper
What you do:
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add onion, celery, carrots, salt, and pepper and saute until tender.
- Mix in flour.
- Slowly stir in broth.
- Continue stirring over heat until mixture thickens.
- Add cheese and milk and stir continuously until cheese has melted.
- Cook over low heat until soup is thoroughly heated.