This easy bratwurst breakfast casserole recipe consists of 9 ingredients, including sharp cheddar cheese, eggs, and green pepper.
Bratwurst Breakfast Casserole
- 32 oz bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 lb bratwurst with casings removed
- 6 large eggs
- 2 c sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 c milk
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Brown bratwurst in a large skillet; drain.
- Layer hash browns on the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Top hash browns with bratwurst.
- Then layer onions and green peppers over bratwurst.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a bowl, beat together milk, eggs, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour mixture over casserole.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Uncover the casserole in the morning, and bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until eggs are set and cheese is melted.