This quick and easy bratwurst and cabbage casserole recipe consists of 6 ingredients, including onion and uncooked Minute rice.
Bratwurst and Cabbage Casserole
- 1 lb bratwurst cut into bite sized pieces, browned and drained
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 c uncooked Minute Rice
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 medium head of cabbage shredded
- 1 T butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Place half of the shredded cabbage in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Heat butter in a medium skillet.
- Add onion and saute until tender, but not browned; remove from heat.
- Stir in bratwurst and rice.
- Top cabbage in baking pan with meat mixture.
- Top with remaining cabbage.
- Pour crushed tomatoes over the cabbage.
- Cover with foil and bake for 80 minutes.