On a cold winter day, try this quick and easy beef and mushroom stew recipe. This easy crock pot recipe consists 12 ingredients, including beef stew meat.
What you need:
- 2 lbs beef stew meat or round steak, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 (103/4 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in bite sized pieces
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 c beef broth
- 1/2 c sherry or other dry wine
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 T oil
- 1/4 t black pepper
- salt to taste (limit due to salt in soup and broth)
What you do:
- Brown beef in hot oil in a large skillet; drain.
- Add beef and remaining ingredients to crock-pot and mix.
- Cook, covered, for 7-9 hours on low.