This bean, bacon, and sausage casserole recipe is slow cooked in a crock pot for 5-6 hours on low. Cut the sugar in half or remove for a healthier option.
Bean, Bacon, and Sausage Casserole
- 1 lb bacon cooked semi crisp, drained and broken into pieces
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 15 -16 oz can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 15 -16 oz can butter beans rinsed and drained
- 15 -16 oz can pork and beans undrained
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c ketchup
- 1 T vinegar
- 1 T prepared mustard
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- Slice sausage in half lengthwise, then into 1/4 -1/2 inch pieces.
- Place sausage in a skillet and cook until browned.
- Add all ingredients to a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot and mix.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours; serve.