Try this quick and easy to make bean and sausage skillet. This meat recipe consists of 12 ingredients, including red beans and smoked sausage.
What you need:
- 1 lb smoked sausage, split in half lengthwise and sliced in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 c green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 T steak sauce
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 T liquid smoke
- 1 T cider vinegar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 15 1/2 oz can red beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t black pepper
What you do:
- In a large skillet, brown sausage.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add onion and green pepper and cook until tender, but not browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Cook on low, stirring occasionally, until well heated; serve.