This quick and easy zucchini boats recipe consists of 9 ingredients, including lean ground beef, Parmesan cheese, and tomato.
What you need:
- 12 – 15 inch zucchini, sliced lengthwise and deseeded
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 T Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 c Italian style bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheese (optional)
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except zucchini and mix with hands.
- Put zucchini halves in a baking dish or pan.
- Place meat mixture into the two zucchini boats.
- Bake, covered, for 90 minutes.
- May top with cheese last 20 minutes of cooking time.