Try this quick and easy to make vegetarian spaghetti recipe. This vegetarian pasta recipe consists of 13 ingredients, including mushrooms.
What you need:
- 8 oz thin spaghetti, cooked per package directions and drained
- 1/4 c green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 c onion, chopped
- 1 c fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 T sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 t basil
- 1/4 t oregano
What you do:
- Heat oil in a medium skillet.
- Add onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and garlic and cook until tender.
- Place veggies in a medium saucepan.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, bay leaf, basil, and oregano and stir.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook, covered, for 1 1/2 hours on low, stirring often.
- Remove bay leaf and serve sauce over cooked spaghetti.