This easy vegetarian chili recipe is cooked in a crock pot for 6 hours. It consists of 11 ingredients, including macaroni, diced tomatoes, and chickpeas.
What you need:
- 1 c elbow macaroni, cooked al dente and drained
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 15 oz can chili beans, undrained
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 T chili powder
- 2 t cumin
- 1 1/2 t dried oregano
- 1 t dried red pepper flakes
What you do:
- Add all ingredients except macaroni to a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot and mix.
- Cook, covered, for 6 hours on low.
- Add macaroni to chili and mix.
- Serve with additional red pepper flakes, sour cream, and/or shredded cheese.