Try this quick and easy to make Swiss Cheese Chicken recipe. This crock pot / slow cooker chicken recipe consists of 10 ingredients.
Swiss Cheese Chicken
- 5-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c green pepper chopped
- 1 c celery sliced
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms drained
- 5-6 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 T cooking wine
- 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T dried basil
- 1/8 t black pepper
- Lightly brown chicken in olive oil in a large skillet.
- Place chicken in crock pot / slow cooker.
- Add celery, green pepper and mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, combine soup, wine, basil, and black pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Pour over chicken and veggies in crock pot.
- Cook, covered, for 6 hours on low.
- Add slices of cheese to each chicken breast.
- Cover and continue cooking until cheese is melted about 15 minutes; serve.