Try this quick and easy to make stuffed green peppers recipe. It consists of ten ingredients, including corn and sharp cheddar cheese.
Stuffed Green Peppers
- 8 green peppers
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 12 -15 oz can corn
- 1/2 c onion chopped
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/8 t pepper
- 2 c sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 1/4 c Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 T melted butter
- Cut off top portion of peppers and clean out seeds and insides; set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown meat and onion.
- Add corn, tomato sauce, salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Stir cheese into mixture until completely melted.
- Fill peppers with mixture.
- Place peppers in a 13" x 9" baking dish standing up.
- Put about 1/2 inch of water into casserole dish.
- Mix bread crumbs and butter.
- Evenly distribute bread crumbs over tops of peppers.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for about 35 - 45 minutes.