This quick and easy steak goulash recipe consists of 12 ingredients, including green pepper, onion, and uncooked egg noodles.
- 1 lb round steak cut into bite sized pieces
- 14.5 oz can whole tomatoes undrained
- 8 oz can sliced mushrooms drained
- 8 oz uncooked egg noodles cooked al dente and drained
- 4 celery ribs chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 c ketchup
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 t oregano
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add steak and cook until steak is browned; drain.
- Add all remaining ingredients, minus the noodles, to the saucepan and mix.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Continue to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in noodles and continue simmering for 5 more minutes; serve.