Try this quick and easy to make spicy sausage casserole. This easy casserole recipe consists of 10 ingredients, including spicy Italian sausage.
Spicy Sausage Casserole
- 2 lbs bulk spicy Italian sausage browned and drained
- 2 10 1/2 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 10 1/2 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c water
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 c celery sliced
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3 T butter
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1/8 t cayenne pepper optional
- Heat butter in a large skillet or dutch oven.
- Add green pepper, onion and celery and cook until tender, but not browned.
- Combine rest of ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a 2 quart or larger casserole dish.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour in a 350 degree oven.
- Stir casserole once halfway through cooking time.
- Remove cover during last 15 minutes.