Try this quick and easy to make spicy Italian sub recipe. This sandwich recipe consists of 7 ingredients, including hot Italian sausage.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 lbs hot Italian sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6-8 sub or brat buns
What you do:
- In a large skillet, add sausage, onion, and green pepper and cook until sausage is browned.
- Drain any excess grease and add spaghetti sauce and mushrooms.
- Bring mixture to a light boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place buns on baking sheet.
- Evenly distribute mixture to buns.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Place subs under broiler for a couple minutes to melt cheese; serve.