This spareribs with apple sauerkraut recipe consists of 8 ingredients, including Granny Smith apples and onion. Cook in a crock pot for 7-9 hours on low.
What you need:
- 3 lbs spareribs, cut small enough to fit in slow cooker
- 16 oz sauerkraut, drained
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- 1/2 c onion sliced
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 t caraway seed
- 2 T vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
What you do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Rub ribs generously with salt and pepper.
- Add ribs to skillet and brown on both sides.
- Place onions, sauerkraut, caraway seed, sugar, and apples into a 4 quart or larger crock pot.
- Place ribs on top.
- Cover and cook for 7-9 hours on low.