Try this easy breezy southwest pasta bake. This easy casserole recipe consists of 9 ingredients, including ground beef and picante sauce.
Southwest Pasta Bake
- 8 oz corkscrew pasta cooked and drained
- 1 lb lean ground beef browned and drained
- 3/4 c prepared medium picante sauce or salsa
- 1 c sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 egg
- 1/4 t ground cumin
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 10 oz package frozen corn thawed and drained
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, salsa, and corn.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, cottage cheese, pepper, and cumin.
- Place 1/2 beef mixture in bottom of 1.5 to 2 quart casserole dish.
- Add pasta on top of beef.
- Add cottage cheese mixture on top of pasta.
- Top off with remaining beef mixture.
- Add cheese to top of casserole.
- In a 350 degree preheated oven, bake casserole for 30 to 40 minutes, or until heated through.