This quick and easy Southern okra vegetable skillet recipe consists of 7 ingredients, including bacon, tomatoes, and onion.
What you need:
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 c okra, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 15 oz can lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 oz can whole tomatoes, chopped and undrained
- 8 oz can corn, drained
- 2 T butter
- salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
- Heat butter in a large skillet.
- Add onion and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients except bacon and mix.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes uncovered, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Top with bacon and serve.