This quick and easy slow cooker sausage apple sauerkraut recipe is made in a crock pot, and consists of only 6 ingredients.
What you need:
- 4 Granny Smith apples (peeled, cored and cut in eighths)
- 1 lb Polish or smoked sausage, cut in 2-3 inch pieces
- 2 (14.5 -16 oz) cans sauerkraut, drained
- 1/2 c onion, chopped
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 t caraway seed
What you do:
- Add all ingredients to a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot and mix thoroughly.
- Cook, covered, for 4-6 hours on low.
- Serve with rye bread and butter.