This easy slow cooker root beer chicken recipe consists of only 5 ingredients, including onion, root beer, and green pepper.
Slow Cooker Root Beer Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves or thighs
- 12 oz can root beer
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- Place green pepper and onion on the bottom of a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot / slow cooker.
- Set chicken on top of vegetables.
- In a medium bowl, combine root beer and tomato sauce.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.