Try this slow cooker jambalaya recipe. This easy crock pot recipe consists of thirteen ingredients, including shrimp and cayenne pepper sauce.
What you need:
- 3/4 lb smoked sausage, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 3/4 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 t dried thyme leaves
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 t cayenne pepper hot sauce
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t fresh ground pepper
What you do:
- In a 3.5 – 4 quart crock pot, combine all ingredients except rice and shrimp; mix well.
- Cook, covered, for 6 -7 hours on low.
- Add shrimp and cook for 45 – 60 minutes longer, or until shrimp are pink.
- Serve over rice.
- Add more hot sauce per taste.