This easy slow cooker Irish Stew recipe can be made with lamb or beef stew meat. This crock pot recipe is a delicious choice for St. Patrick’s Day dinner.
What you need:
- 1 lb lamb or beef stew meat cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut in eighths
- 1 medium turnip, diced
- 3 carrots, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 3 ribs of celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 c flour
- 2 t beef bouillon granules
- 3 c water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 t dried basil
- 1/4 t dried oregano
- 1/8 t black pepper
What you do:
- Place potatoes, onion, celery, carrots, turnip, bay leaf, water, and bouillon in bottom of crock pot and mix.
- Place flour on a shallow plate.
- Dredge lamb or beef through the flour until well coated.
- Place beef on top of veggies in crock pot.
- Drizzle remaining flour over the meat.
- Add oregano, basil, and black pepper.
- Cook, covered, for 8 hours on low.
- Serve with warm bread of choice and butter.