This easy slow cooked sweet and sour beef recipe lists round steak, green peppers, brown sugar, and pineapple among it’s ingredients.
What you need:
- 2.5 lbs round steak, trimmed of fat and cut into fajita like strips
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 20 oz can unsweetened pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 1/2 c beef broth
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 6 T red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 t imported sweet paprika
- 3 T brown sugar
- 1 t salt
- 1/8 t black pepper
- 1.5 T cornstarch
- 2 T soy sauce
- 2 T water
What you do:
- In a 3.5 to 4 quart crock pot, combine the beef, onions, pineapple juice, broth, vinegar, garlic, paprika, salt, and black pepper and mix.
- Cook, covered, for 6 hours on low.
- Increase heat to high.
- Stir in the green pepper and brown sugar.
- Mix together the cornstarch, water, and soy sauce.
- Pour cornstarch mixture into the crock pot while stirring.
- Cook covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and pineapple to crock pot and mix.
- Serve by itself, over noodles or rice.