This easy slow cooked beef chili verde recipe is made in a crock pot. It lists garlic, onion, cumin, and oregano as some of its ingredients.
What you need:
- 1.5 lbs round steak, trimmed of excess fat and cubed
- 2 c water
- 2 t beef bouillon granules
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb fresh tomatillos, chopped
- 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 T dried oregano
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 T vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
What you do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add round steak to skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat until browned.
- Place beef and remaining ingredients into a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot and mix.
- Cook, covered, for 8 – 9 hours on low.
- May add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on warm tortillas or over rice.