If you like seafood on the grill, you’ll love this easy shrimp on the barbie recipe submitted by grilladventures.com. This recipe consists of 7 ingredients.
Shrimp on the Barbie
- 12 giant prawns with heads and tails intact
- 1/4 c butter
- 1 c orange juice freshly squeezed
- 2 T medium dry sherry
- 1 t orange zest grated
- 2 green onions tops and white
- 1 t ginger root freshly grated
- Soak a dozen long wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Push skewers through prawns, lengthwise, from head to tail with only 1 to a skewer.
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan and cook over medium to low heat, stirring, until butter is completely melted.
- Dip skewered prawns in the orange sauce and position on oiled grill rack about 4 inches above the coals.
- Baste liberally with sauce and grill for 2 minutes.
- Turn the prawn over and baste again, cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Smaller prawn will be done at this point, but continue basting and turning larger prawn until they are pink and cooked through.
- Remove from heat immediately when done, as they will get tough if overcooked.
- Use any remaining sauce for a dip for the prawns.
Recipe submitted by Colin from GrillAdventures.com