Try this quick and easy sausage and lima beans recipe. This crock pot recipe can be served as a side dish or soup, and is packed with protein.
What you need:
- 1/2 lb turkey sausage
- 10 ¾ oz can tomato soup
- 1 lb dry lima beans, soaked overnight
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 t dry mustard
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1/2 t black pepper
What you do:
- Cut turkey sausage in half lengthwise, then into 1/4″ to 1/2″ slices.
- Place sausage in a skillet and brown over medium heat.
- Place sausage and remaining ingredients into a 3 1/2 quart or larger crock pot and stir to mix.
- Cook, covered, for 8 – 10 hours on low.
- Serve as a side dish or as a soup.