This easy sausage and bean soup recipe is made in a crock pot. Cook on low for 6 hours, or until vegetables are tender, but not mushy.
What you need:
- 1 lb Italian sausage, browned and drained
- 28 oz can tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 (16 oz) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 c water
- 1 c onion, chopped
- 1 c potatoes, diced
- 1 c carrots, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 c green pepper, chopped
- 2/3 c celery, sliced
- 2 t chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 t black pepper
What you do:
- Place all ingredients into a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot and mix.
- Cook, covered, for 6 hours on low, or until vegetables are tender but not mushy.