This simple, saucy mushroom cheeseburgers recipe is sure to be a big hit in any household. Cook in a skillet or on the grill.
What you need:
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices American cheese
- 3/4 c fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 c onion, chopped
- 1/2 c ketchup
- 1/3 c water
- 1.5 T olive oil
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 1/8 t salt
- pinch black pepper
What you do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add mushroom and onion and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season ground chuck with salt and pepper per taste.
- Form into 4 hamburger patties.
- Cook in a skillet or on the grill for 5-7 minutes per side, or until cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Top with cheese during last minute of cooking time.
- Place burgers on buns, add mushroom and onion topping and top with bun.