Instead of buying bottled spaghetti sauce, try this quick and easy spaghetti sauce recipe when you have a hankering for a spaghetti dinner.
What you need:
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground beef or ground Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 t sugar
- 1/2 t red pepper flakes
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1/4 t dried basil
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t black pepper
What you do:
- Add beef or sausage, garlic, onion, salt, and black pepper to a large skillet and cooked until browned.
- Drain or sop up excess grease in pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan and mix.
- Bring spaghetti sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until sauce thickens and is heated through.
- Stir sauce occasionally while cooking.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles.