This easy recipe for Perfect Stove Top Skillet Burgers will become a household mainstay. Forget the fast food hamburgers and try this recipe.
What you need:
- 1.25 – 1.5 lbs (80-85% lean) ground beef
- 1/4 – 1/2 c finely chopped onion
- 1.5 T canola oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- hamburger buns
- sliced cheese (optional)
What you do:
- Gently mix together ground beef with onion.
- Form ground beef into 4 equal patties.
- Make an indentation in the middle of each patty with your thumb.
- Season patties with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add hamburger patties and cook over medium – high to high heat for 3 minutes.
- Flip patties and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- If adding cheese, add during the last minute of cooking time and cover skillet.
- Serve immediately on buns with condiments of choice.