This quick and easy pan fried liver and onions recipe consists of 8 ingredients, including garlic, Vidalia onions, and milk.
What you need:
- 2 lbs sliced beef liver, rinsed
- 2 Vidalia onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 c flour
- 1.5 c milk
- ¼ c butter, divided
- 1 T paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
- Place liver in a bowl and pour milk on top.
- Let stand for 1 hour.
- Saute onions and garlic in 2 T of the butter over medium heat until onions are tender.
- Remove onions, then melt remaining butter in pan.
- Combine flour, paprika, salt, and pepper in a pie pan.
- Drain liver slices, then dredge in flour mixture.
- Place liver in pan and cook over medium high heat until browned, then turn over and brown other side.
- Add onions and turn the heat down to medium.
- Cook until done to your personal preference.
- Recipe submitted by Dorothy via Cedar Falls, Iowa.